- A heavy framework of cross-timbering or metal beams forming a foundation for building on difficult ground.More example sentences
- Without the luxury of any preexisting steel columns to work with, crews placed the building on a grillage of cast-in-place concrete beams set on base isolators.
- To prevent this central space from overheating, the glass is protected by an external grillage of fixed wooden louvres.
- All of the steel grillages and columns that were left in place or incorporated into the new structure were sandblasted to remove accumulated rust.
More definitions of grillageDefinition of grillage in:
- The US English dictionary