- A grating or screen of metal bars or wires, placed in front of something as protection or to allow ventilation or discreet observation: I looked through the grille into the church [with modifier]: a radiator grille a security grilleMore example sentences
- At least 11 of the 15 small shops surrounding the square are barricaded with graffiti-covered metal grilles.
- The windows were covered with a lattice of thick metal grilles, and the doors were of reinforced steel.
- And although the cost of replacing the six large windows will be met by insurance, vicar Paul Wilson has decided to have metal grilles installed over the new windows to protect them.
More definitions of grilleDefinition of grille in:
- The US English dictionary