- A book of magic spells and invocations.More example sentences
- For years, I performed rituals from Pagan grimoires and read incantations to Bast, Diana / Artemis, and Hecate.
- Wandered into a bookstore yesterday and found this book by S.L. MacGregor Mathers, supposedly a grimoire he translated from original French and Latin of a manuscript in the Library of Paris in the early nineteen hundreds.
- She then set them down on a piece of white paper next to a bottle and flipped through her grimoire until she found the spell she wanted.
mid 19th century: French, alteration of grammaire 'grammar'.
More definitions of grimoireDefinition of grimoire in:
- The US English dictionary