- Cartilage, especially when found as tough inedible tissue in meat.More example sentences
- He grins, and there are bits of gristle and meat stuck in his teeth.
- My friend thought it was a little too dry, and although I didn't totally agree, I did think the portion was far too boney, with too much gristle and not enough meat.
- More than half of it isn't meat at all, but gristle or bone.
Old English, of unknown origin.
More definitions of gristleDefinition of gristle in:
- The US English dictionary