- You simply attach the grommets to the support holes of the tone bars.
- At each grommet location, follow the manufacturer's instructions to trim the fabric from the grommet hole and attach the snap-on cover.
- As with work platforms, the enclosure material is attached with clips, wire, rope, or grommets.
- This can be treated with antibiotics or a minor operation to insert a tiny plastic tube or grommet through the eardrum, allowing the fluid to drain.
- If hearing is affected, they may have drainage tubes, or grommets, placed in the eardrums.
- The effectiveness of some other operations, such as middle ear drainage with grommets and stripping and ligation of varicose veins, is debatable.
- Naturally, as the event progresses, winners and outstanding performances are expected with all young surfers pushing the limits to try and become the top grommet in the state!
- Does it feel weird now that, let's be honest, you're not a grommet anymore, and there's expectations and pressure for you to deliver a world title?
- Was it hard going being a grommet at school making a lot of money at such a young age?
Early 17th century (in nautical use in the sense 'a circle of rope used as a fastening'): from obsolete French grommette, from gourmer 'to curb', of unknown ultimate origin. Current senses date from the mid 20th century.
Words that rhyme with grommetcomet, vomit
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: grom|met
Definition of grommet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.