- 1chiefly Australian /NZ variant spelling of grouper.
- 2 (also blue groper) A large Australian wrasse which is a popular sporting fish.
More example sentences
- Achoerodus gouldii, family Labridae
- So government needs to know those sorts of things so they can manage the habitats properly, so we can preserve something like the blue groper, which is after all the State fish of New South Wales.
- Each and every one is an ambassador for the blue groper, for the great cuttlefish, for the coral reefs, for the weedy sea dragons of the sort that I met personally yesterday, diving off Manly, and getting to see some of your treasures.
- There's also a western blue groper, which is found from Victoria to southern Western Australia.
- A person who fondles someone for sexual pleasure, especially without the person’s consent.More example sentences
- You've had a long succession of male bosses who were gropers, weren't they?
- The train groper was going about his ordinary business on a Sendai subway line, making life hell for female commuters by fondling them or using his camera-equipped mobile phone to take shots up their skirts.