- A mineral of the garnet group, consisting essentially of calcium aluminium silicate.More example sentences
- Along the contact zone the limestones were recrystallized into a cloudy white, massive calcite containing grossular, epidote, magnetite, quartz, and tremolite.
- Both almandine and grossular increase as spessartine decreases.
- It is not known what type of garnet this is, but grossular would be a good guess.
early 19th century: from modern Latin grossularia 'gooseberry'. The yellow-green variety is sometimes known as gooseberry garnet.
More definitions of grossularDefinition of grossular in:
- The US English dictionary