- A ball hit along the ground.More example sentences
- He no doubt will preach the merits of a well-timed fly ball or a ground ball rather than the home run the Cardinals depend on far too much.
- A sinker-slider pitcher, he averaged 2.5 ground balls for each fly ball last year.
- A guy hits a fly ball or a ground ball, it may give you a chance to move the runner over or the other team a chance to make a mistake.
More definitions of ground ballDefinition of ground ball in:
- The US English dictionary