- A common weed of the parsley family, with leaves that resemble those of the elder and spreading underground stems, native to Europe.
More example sentences
- Aegopodium podagraria, family Umbelliferae: a variegated cultivar is sometimes grown as ground cover
- Having said that, be assured that late summer is ideal for tackling the growth of difficult weeds such as ground elder, brambles, bindweed and Japanese knotweed.
- Don't add tough perennial weeds such as ground elder, thistles and nettles as their roots are likely to survive and will spread with your compost.
- Do not put in perennial weeds such as dock or ground elder and shake off as much soil as possible from the other weeds.
More definitions of ground elderDefinition of ground elder in:
- The US English dictionary