The floor of a building at ground level: [as modifier]: a ground-floor flat
More example sentences
- It was a ground-floor flat in one of the redbrick two-storey buildings that made up one side of Ormond Square.
- Opposite this is an anonymous-looking office building with a large ground-floor window.
- He said the attacker left by a taxi, only to return later on foot and smash a ground-floor window to the building.
get in on the ground floor
- informal Join an enterprise in its early stages: the scope for an entrepreneur to get in on the ground floor was obviousMore example sentences
- Make sure you get in on the ground floor early by checking these guys out.
- He looked at the numbers and decided against the purchase and that missed opportunity has perhaps fuelled the family's interest in getting in on the ground floor of the rugby revolution.
- By getting in on the ground floor of the movement you'll secure a role as a progressively conservative visionary.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ground floor
Definition of ground floor in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.