Definition of ground floor in English:
The floor of a building at ground level: [as modifier]: a ground-floor flat
More example sentences
- It was a ground-floor flat in one of the redbrick two-storey buildings that made up one side of Ormond Square.
- Opposite this is an anonymous-looking office building with a large ground-floor window.
- He said the attacker left by a taxi, only to return later on foot and smash a ground-floor window to the building.
get in on the ground floor
- informal Join an enterprise in its early stages: the scope for an entrepreneur to get in on the ground floor was obviousMore example sentences
- Make sure you get in on the ground floor early by checking these guys out.
- He looked at the numbers and decided against the purchase and that missed opportunity has perhaps fuelled the family's interest in getting in on the ground floor of the rugby revolution.
- By getting in on the ground floor of the movement you'll secure a role as a progressively conservative visionary.
Definition of ground floor in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan