- 1Glass with a smooth ground surface that renders it non-transparent while retaining its translucency.More example sentences
- The image is projected upwards onto a translucent screen, typically of ground glass - although other translucent materials can also serve.
- The stopcock consists of an inner piece of ground glass that fits tightly into the glass tube and that can be rotated in a tightly fitting casing.
- The company makes its ordinary-looking line of heavy-duty cleaning blocks from 98 percent recycled ground glass, an environmentally safe alternative to the strip mining that gives us pumice for use in many of our household products.
- 2Glass ground into an abrasive powder.More example sentences
- To make their strings sharper, boys ‘glass’ them by soaking them in a mixture of ground glass and paste.
- Modern buildings are filled with all sorts of materials that human beings should not inhale: asbestos, mercury, lead, concrete dust, ground glass, and who knows what else.
- To make it more durable, the majority of a resin composite is actually finely ground glass or a similar material.
More definitions of ground glassDefinition of ground glass in:
- The US English dictionary