1A violent, uncontrolled horizontal rotation of an aircraft while landing, taking off, or taxiing.
- From television footage, it appears that the pilot may have initiated a ground loop to stop the aircraft.
- The final landing was a battle as I tried to prevent a ground loop.
- The Skywagon has seen its share of ground loops, landing accidents and other typical general-aviation accidents.
2 North American term for earth loop.
- One presentation, for instance, is the ‘Living Machine Biolarium Space,’ which explains an integrated photovoltaic roof system and a ground loop heat exchange system that heats and cools by exchanging heat with the earth.
- One thing we liked - the ground-loop isolator circuit located in the unit itself, which can notch out the 60-cycle hum that sometimes makes its way into audio recordings.
- He notes that some school districts are installing ground-loop heat pumps, which are more expensive up front but save on utility costs in the long run.
(ground-loop) [no object] (Of an aircraft) make a ground loop.
- Registered in December 1974, the aircraft was ground-looped while on the ferry flight to Arizona in July 1980, initiating a five-year restoration.
- It is the right aircraft for these conditions as it cannot ground-loop nor turn over on its nose.
- I figured we'd just ground-loop the jet or steer it into the Hornet next to us.
Definition of ground loop in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.