noun[mass noun] British
- Bait thrown into the water while fishing (as distinct from hookbait).More example sentences
- I've had most of my fish on sweetcorn or home-made boilies over groundbait and particles.
- This is usually a mixture of groundbait, broken boilies and seeds and beans.
- Choose a likely clear area of bottom and bait heavily with groundbait and sweetcorn or chopped worms.
- More example sentences
- So let me stress again that for me the most important aspect of groundbaiting with mass baits is to get the swim full of feeding fish.
- Now groundbaiting (or ‘chumming’ as they call it over here) is against Fish and Wildlife regulations so I figured I needed to have some swimfeeders.
- It can be cheaper to buy large sacks of this breadcrumb if a lot of serious groundbaiting is to be carried out and this is quite common when fishing abroad for a week in Ireland or Denmark to attract large bream shoals.