- Basic training or instruction in a subject: every child needs a good grounding in science and technologyMore example sentences
- His grounding was a basic training in technical and commercial art in a New York art school on the GI Bill.
- In his view the pupils received an excellent grounding in the key subjects of reading, writing and arithmetic, and if they passed Proficiency and then left school they had the basic skills to enter the workforce.
- It's just a beginning, but it does provide an essential grounding in the basic knowledge professionals need.
More definitions of groundingDefinition of grounding in:
- The US English dictionary