- A play in which a batter is put out by hitting a ground ball to a fielder who throws it to first base before the batter touches that base: he proceeded to second base on a groundoutMore example sentences
- His main pitch was a nasty forkball, and I remember hitting a groundout to second base.
- In fact, the final two outs of Greene's no-hit performance were a groundout to third base by Larry Walker and a hard smash on the ground back to Greene by Tim Wallach.
- His mission - bring in a run - was accomplished with a simple groundout to second base.
More definitions of groundoutDefinition of groundout in:
- The US English dictionary