- Water held underground in the soil or in pores and crevices in rock.More example sentences
- They can contaminate underlying soils and groundwater or contaminate storm water which travels to bodies of surface water.
- So it is clear what groundwater and surface water are understood to mean, and who the targets of the bylaw are.
- In the absence of a proper clean-up of the site, chemicals are still leaking into the soil and groundwater.
More definitions of groundwaterDefinition of groundwater in:
- The US English dictionary