Definition of grout in English:
A mortar or paste for filling crevices, especially the gaps between wall or floor tiles.
- Wall and floor tile grout must be sealed to prevent damage from moisture and graffiti.
- Tile grout is neither waterproof nor stainproof, so it usually must be sealed.
- Tiles, grout, thinset, cement board, tools and complete installation instructions are available at most home centers and other retailers of tile supplies.
verb[with object] Back to top
Fill in with grout: soak off the facing paper with a damp sponge, then grout the tiles [no object]: is it best to grout with mortar between paving slabs?
More example sentences
- He installed it all in one day and grouted it the next.
- They are incorrectly grouted, there are gaps and a lot of joints filled with tile adhesive.
- I'm hoping that by the time I get home, the office tile has been grouted, dried and the furniture put in place.
Definition of grout in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan