A small wood or other group of trees: an olive grove [in place names]: Ladbroke Grove
More example sentences
- We skimmed groves of ancient olive trees and ribs of bleached white stone.
- Everywhere you turn there are almond, fig, lemon and orange trees and olive groves.
- There is one large volcanic rock and several coconut tree palm groves.
Old English grāf, of Germanic origin.
the groves of Academe
- The academic world: younger men lured from the groves of Academe[translating Horace's silvas Academi]More example sentences
- When not sweating in the groves of Academe, he's busy writing a fine blog devoted to ‘Exploring migrants, exiles, expatriates, and out-of-the-way peoples, places, and times, mostly in the Asia-Pacific region.’
- She moved from the groves of Academe to the National Security Council in 1989.
- It is also precisely what we need to sustain us during our sojourn in the groves of Academe.