- The meristem region at the apex of a plant shoot at which continuous cell division and differentiation occur.More example sentences
- The distinguishing feature of Cystopteris protrusa is that the growing point of the rhizome protrudes 2-4 cm beyond the leaves.
- A normal, uninjured growing point is bright yellow-green and turgid; freeze injury causes it to become white or brown and water-soaked in appearance.
- Rhizomes (bearded iris, Japanese iris) have thickened stems with a primary growth point at one end and additional growing points along the sides.
More definitions of growing pointDefinition of growing point in:
- The US English dictionary