- The part of the year during which rainfall and temperature allow plants to grow: a short growing seasonMore example sentences
- In areas with long growing seasons, plant hardy kiwis anytime, but do avoid the hottest parts of summer, when transplant stress is high.
- Use the upper end of the range in warmer climates that have longer growing seasons, and less in cooler climates with shorter growing seasons.
- Plant the bulbs about once a month during the growing season for a summer-long supply.
More definitions of growing seasonDefinition of growing season in:
- The US English dictionary