- A complaint or protest: there were grumblings from the trusteesMore example sentences
- He also knows what every good friend knows: if you expect perfection from people, your whole life will be a series of disappointments, grumblings, and complaints.
- This year, as the two crews pulled their way through the south - west London streets and passed a variety of now-familiar landmarks, there were grumblings even among the faithful.
- If this is true now, failure to win a third successive title could see the grumblings of Celtic fans over his apparent unwillingness to commit to a job turning into outright hostility.
More definitions of grumblingDefinition of grumbling in:
- The US English dictionary