noun (plural guanos)[mass noun]
- 1The excrement of seabirds and bats, used as fertilizer.More example sentences
- Millennia of visiting seabirds left large fossilized guano deposits on Nauru.
- The copious guano deposition from sea birds may play a role in maintaining the present assemblage of vascular plants on both islands.
- They rip up bin bags, deposit vast quantities of guano on our favourite statuary, and even attack people.
early 17th century: from Spanish, or from Latin American Spanish huano, from Quechua huanu 'dung'.
More definitions of guanoDefinition of guano in:
- The US English dictionary