Definition of guava in English:
1An edible, pale orange tropical fruit with pink juicy flesh and a strong sweet aroma.
- Fruits like oranges, guavas, pawpaws and others will be grown.
- The fruits used were kumquat, orange, lemon, and guava; all fruits were uninfested and thoroughly washed and dried before an experiment.
- I watched him this morning juicing a grapefruit, guava, blood orange, mango, plums, and grapes and pouring the elixir into a giant glass pitcher.
2The small tropical American tree which bears guavas.
- Genus Psidium, family Myrtaceae: several species, in particular P. guajava
- Carefully planted in extremely diverse sections, there were formal gardens, as well as fruit groves of mangoes, guavas and citrus trees.
- Many southern gardens don't have tulips, forsythia or daffodils, but instead have guava, pineapple and amaryllis.
- Among the invasive species found here and there are Brazilian peppertree, guava, laurel fig, melaleuca, Old World climbing fern, and strangler fig.
Definition of guava in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia