- A lightweight open-necked Cuban or Mexican shirt with two breast pockets and two pockets over the hips, typically having short sleeves and worn untucked.More example sentences
- Men generally wear trousers and sport shirts or guayaberas - dress shirts with decorative tucks worn outside the belt in place of a jacket.
- Men often wear a loose-fitting shirt called a guayabera, similar to other countries in the region and in Latin America.
- Even businessmen will often wear sport shirts, or leave off their jackets in hot weather in favor of the guayabera - a long cotton shirt.
1970s: Cuban Spanish, apparently originally from the name of the Yayabo river, influenced by Spanish guayaba 'guava'.
More definitions of guayaberaDefinition of guayabera in:
- The US English dictionary