- 1A silver-leaved Mexican shrub of the daisy family which yields large amounts of latex.
More example sentences
- Parthenium argentatum, family Compositae
- Preliminary tests show that surgical gloves, condoms, or other products made from the natural rubber latex of a southwestern desert shrub called guayule are an effective barrier against disease-causing bacteria and viruses.
- As early as 1907, experiments by the Intercontinental Rubber Company were conducted on guayule, a Mexican desert shrub that contained 20 percent pure rubber that lent itself to harvesting.
- We'll be able to conduct onsite tests to explore new uses of crops like guayule - a desert shrub that our patented research has shown is a promising new domestic source of hypoallergenic natural latex.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A rubber substitute made from the guayule.More example sentences
- In spite of some limitation as an alternative rubber crop due to its slow volume growth and low abundance of rubber particles, guayule has been proposed as a viable commercial alternative for hypoallergenic latex.
- Similar transit peptides could not be found, however, in the AOS from rubber particles of guayule and in the two isoforms of the barley AOS.
- In guayule, the most abundant rubber particle protein of 52 kDa was sequenced to be a P450 allen oxide synthase.
early 20th century: via Latin American Spanish from Nahuatl cuauhuli.
More definitions of guayuleDefinition of guayule in:
- The US English dictionary