- Relating to a governor, particularly that of a state in the US: a gubernatorial electionMore example sentences
- According to the bill, the province is allowed to arrange direct gubernatorial elections, whenever it is ready.
- The gubernatorial election regulation requires that a candidate should be at least a senior high school graduate.
- The new organization demanded wider public participation and transparency during the next gubernatorial election.
mid 18th century: from Latin gubernator 'governor' (from gubernare 'steer, govern', from Greek kubernan 'to steer') + -ial.
More definitions of gubernatorialDefinition of gubernatorial in:
- The US English dictionary