- An African monkey found mainly in forests, with a long tail and typically a brightly coloured coat. The male is much larger than the female.
More example sentences
- Genus Cercopithecus, family Cercopithecidae: several species, including the vervet, mona, and Diana monkeys
- Putty-nosed monkeys belong to a group of African monkeys called guenons.
- We focused on the vocal behavior of the adult male because other studies have shown that adult male guenons produce predator-specific alarm calls in response to eagles and leopards.
- Two indels were present in exons: a five amino acid deletion in exon 9 was present in humans and apes, and a single amino acid deletion in exon 14 occurred in cercopithecine Old World monkeys (macaque and guenon).
mid 19th century: from French, of unknown origin.
More definitions of guenonDefinition of guenon in:
- The US English dictionary