Definition of guest beer in English:
1(In a tied pub) a beer offered in addition to those produced by the parent brewery.
- Up to 3,000 visitors are expected to attend the three-day event, which will feature more than 45 guest beers from smaller breweries across Britain, including Bolton's own Bank Top Brewery.
- It will be serving the brewery's range of crafted real ales, plus guest beers, and meals made with local ingredients.
- Annie Carter, 41, said: ‘The guest beers are great.’
1.1(In a free house) a beer available only temporarily.
- A vast array of beers including an ever-changing guest beer seem to qualify it as a serious pub, dispensing with its duty to offer any kind of lager or bitter you could desire in sober fashion.
- The guest beer didn't appeal so I opted for a pint of Guinness, which I've been treating with some suspicion since returning from the Emerald Isle where I tasted the proper stuff.
- The idea came when members went for a festive drink on Boxing Day at the Coal Clough pub in Burnley and found a guest beer on sale that was raising money for the Luton Town's supporters' trust.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan