- 1Advice or information aimed at resolving a problem or difficulty, especially as given by someone in authority: he looked to his father for inspiration and guidanceMore example sentences
advice, counsel, direction, instruction, teaching, counselling, enlightenment, intelligence, information; recommendations, suggestions, tips, hints, pointers, guidelines, ideas, facts, datadirection, control, leadership, management, supervision, superintendence, government, regulation, orchestration, charge, rule, command; handling, conduct, running, overseeing
- Central government circulars also contain advice and guidance to local authorities.
- Businesses in each area can go to their home authority for preventive guidance and advice.
- The teachers at the school have also been very helpful in giving us advice and guidance.
- 2The directing of the motion or position of something, especially an aircraft, spacecraft, or missile: [as modifier]: a laser guidance systemMore example sentences
- The newer system uses a much smaller missile with an infrared terminal guidance system.
- It is thought that some kind of guidance system will have to be devised if a helicopter is tried again.
- In this chapter, we deal with axon guidance in the central and peripheral nervous system.