- Ornamentation resembling braided or interlaced ribbons: a wide strip of eight-strand guilloche [as modifier]: a guilloche borderMore example sentences
- In the carpet a foliate guilloche border replaced the geometric, more architectural guilloche border of the drawing.
- In addition, the decoration incorporates translucent, opaque, guilloche, and champleve enamels as well as a garland of cast-gold and enameled flowers.
- Registers of incised lotus chains, guilloche, and wave patterns, separated by sets of ridges, decorate the surface of the Azoria piece.
mid 19th century: from French guillochis, denoting the ornamentation, or guilloche, a carving tool.
More definitions of guillocheDefinition of guilloche in:
- The US English dictionary