noun (plural guiros)
- A musical instrument with a serrated surface which gives a rasping sound when scraped with a stick, originally made from a gourd and used in Latin American music.More example sentences
- It seemed that every bar, no matter how tiny, had wedged a trio of musicians into a corner - one singing, one playing guitar and another scratching out a raspy beat on the guiro, a hollow gourd played with a stick.
- Larger bands have trumpets and strings as well as extensive percussion sections in which maracas, guiros, and bongos are primary instruments.
- At this moment, the loudspeakers fill the club with the distinctly raw and powerful tuba, guiro, and tarola (snare drum) sounds of Bostich's hit ‘Polaris.’
More definitions of guiroDefinition of guiro in:
- The US English dictionary