- A narrow and steep-sided ravine marking the course of a fast stream.More example sentences
- Gold seekers, speculators, freighters, merchants, and stockmen flooded the valleys, gulches, and creeks near the Continental Divide.
- The town of Deadwood is cradled in a narrow gulch between pine-covered bluffs in the Black Hills of South Dakota.
- The day of the fire the thermometer reached a record ninety-seven degrees in Helena; it surely topped that in the narrow confines of the gulch about twenty-five miles to the north.
mid 19th century: perhaps from dialect gulch 'to swallow'.
More definitions of gulchDefinition of gulch in:
- The US English dictionary