- 1(Especially of a hunting dog) alarmed at the firing of a gun.More example sentences
- Weapons training can be troubling for the gun-shy.
- Some countries are gun-shy, hesitant to send peacekeepers into what the Pentagon now admits is a raging guerrilla war.
- 1.1(Of a person) nervous and apprehensive: she’s still gun-shy about new relationshipsMore example sentences
- But if you put pressure on him, he's awful throwing outside the pocket and also has a tendency to get gun-shy, and he starts throwing off his back foot.
- Some companies, gun-shy for fear that anything they say could be used against them in court, are even refusing to discuss their plans to comply with laws to stop telemarketing and e-mail abuses.
- So what does the 26-page report say to reassure gun-shy men who fear they might be put through the ringer by biased child custody awards or draconian child support laws?
More definitions of gun-shyDefinition of gun-shy in:
- The US English dictionary