- A highly nitrated form of nitrocellulose, used as an explosive.More example sentences
- Nitrogen is an important component of common chemical explosives like TNT, nitroglycerin, gunpowder, guncotton, nitrocellulose, picric acid, and ammonium nitrate.
- Cellulose trinitrate on the other hand is an explosive (guncotton). Cordite is made from guncotton and nitroglycerine.
- Dynamite (based on nitroglycerine) and guncotton (based on nitrocellulose) not only kept the DuPont company in the forefront of explosives but introduced it to real chemistry.
More definitions of guncottonDefinition of guncotton in:
- The US English dictionary