1A grey corrosion-resistant form of bronze containing zinc.
- Chill cast leaded gunmetals are widely used for miscellaneous small bushes of low stressing but they are, of course, considerably less wear resistant than gunmetal and phosphor bronzes.
- It became fashionable to own objects in base metal, so Faberge started to use gunmetal, copper and brass.
- Loose copper bullet casings and gunmetal gleamed coldly in the light sparkling like pieces of ice, cold and deadly.
1.1A dull bluish-grey colour: [as modifier]: the river glinted under a gunmetal sky
More example sentences
- The T2 also drops the original's gunmetal colour scheme in favour of a lighter, more silvery look.
- Slowly the sky turned from gunmetal grey to pale blue - all colour blown out of it - and then, as the sun finally rose above the horizon it was filled with brilliant amber light that caught my eyes in the mirror.
- I personally love the metallic bluish gunmetal set off against the black of the keys and the matte silver function buttons.
Definition of gunmetal in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.