nounUS • informal
- A criminal carrying a gun.More example sentences
- The character of noir is subtly uncompromising, at the right time mortally confronting not the two-bit gunsel but Mr. Big, the respectable-appearing ring leader behind it all.
- In The Maltese Falcon, the dandified villain is a corpulent homosexual with a lustful penchant for ancient art and gunsels.
- The same can hardly be said of the gunsel in Magnificent Seven… and as for the assassin in ‘Battle Beyond the Stars’, well that's a whole other scary world…
early 20th century (denoting a tramp's young companion): from Yiddish gendzel 'little goose', influenced in sense by gun.
More definitions of gunselDefinition of gunsel in:
- The US English dictionary