Definition of gusher in English:
1An oil well from which oil flows profusely without being pumped.
- If only a brace of gushers were to be discovered.
- A weighting agent adds body to petroleum and prevents the formation of gushers.
- But in 1959-some thirty years after a Soviet scientist had forecast the presence of vast oil deposits in the forested swamps of West Siberia - a gusher was struck.
2An effusive person.
- Walter drips rancid elegance as the hostess from hell, and there is lively support from Penny Downie as an unquenchable gusher.
- It's nice to be able to sincerely gush, surrounded by other sincere gushers, about love and friendship and a sacred relationship, and know that you are in an irony free zone.
- I have seen Episode 20 now and I agree with the gushers above.
Definition of gusher in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan