Definition of gushing in English:
(Of speech or writing) effusive or exaggeratedly enthusiastic: gushing praise
More example sentences
- Then, the article starts off with a gushing flashback story about the wonderful world of hockey cards that existed for kids 50 years ago as remembered by an interviewed subject named Brian Price.
- The trio were doing their best to be helpful, but young blokes are not renowned for their communication skills and this, combined with 14 months' worth of tour fatigue, didn't make for the most gushing of chats.
- He has presided over the greatest redistribution of wealth since the 1960s, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies, yet is offered gushing praise by the right wing Institute of Directors.
- 1gushingly adverb
- Example sentences
- Is it just me (I mean, I'm prepared to believe that, honestly, I've had lots of practice at it being ‘just me’) or does everybody find it easier to be gushingly honest with praise etc if the recipient is a relative stranger?
- In my second blog item on the Tsunami, I somewhat gushingly proposed a server script that automatically translates undersea earthquake signals into cell phone calls, paging out warnings.
- Nobody can predict what will happen to the New York markets when Wall Street re-opens this week, but none of the City analysts who usually produce such gushingly optimistic research notes is optimistic.
Words that rhyme with gushingFlushing, unblushing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.