adjective (gushier, gushiest)
- Excessively effusive: her gushy mannerMore example sentences
- Early betting has the boys as odds-on favourites to claim the top spot with their gushy ballad, but the girls' effort is gaining fast.
- We mustn't dismiss such words as gushy and sentimental nonsense.
- I feel positively gushy and garrulous this fine day.
- More example sentences
- Enid Blyton is also a given, although her own book is mercifully free of the girlish gushiness of both.
- However, these intervals of gushiness are insignificant in the book as a whole.
- A woman of a certain age and of a certain gushiness approached her.