- 1A gymnasium.More example sentences
- It also has an Olympic-size swimming pool and indoor gyms with wrestling and judo mats, fencing strips and a boxing ring.
- They had swimming pools, gyms, tennis courts and all that.
- The games sometimes are played in other gyms and arenas but still contain a special intensity that is hard to match.
- 1.1A place, typically a private club, providing a range of facilities designed to improve and maintain physical fitness and health.More example sentences
- New gyms and private health clubs open up on a regular basis and local authorities have invested millions as the public take up the healthy option.
- Dozens of private gyms and health clubs have since sprung up for those who can afford it.
- In some cases, council-run leisure facilities can cost as much as a third less than privately-owned health clubs and gyms.
- 2 [mass noun] Gymnastics: I can’t do gym todayMore example sentences
- The people's custom likes go to the cinema, play football, gym and other sports activity.
- The youngster loved animals, as well as horse riding, tennis, gym and swimming.
- My solution to this would be to make things like performing in gym optional or possibly not do it at all.
late 19th century: abbreviation.