1An equestrian day event comprising races and other competitions on horseback, typically for children.
- Mr Stephens said the money would also be used to provide new outreach services to isolated station people and community events such as local race meetings, gymkhanas and festivals.
- Used mainly as cavalry horses, the walers also excelled as mounts at polo, race meetings, and gymkhanas.
- Visitors were supplemented by a busy calendar of social events that tied together a community of settlements in gymkhanas, cricket fixtures and golf tournaments (on a dirt course).
2Indian A public place with facilities for sports.
- Moreover, basic amenities such as convenient shopping, community centre, play grounds, parks, gymkhanas, schools and hospitals will be provided.
- Paradoxically, it is because Madras has an old and lively sporting culture rooted in clubs and gymkhanas, that its middle class sporting establishment resists the idea that money should be used to buy talent.
- In order to get affiliation to the Indian Board, the leading Gymkhanas in Bombay decided to form a cricket association in 1930 and named it as the Bombay Presidency (Proper) Cricket Association.
Words that rhyme with gymkhanaAfricana, Afrikaner, Americana, ana, banana, Botswana, bwana, cabana, caragana, Christiana, Dana, darner, Edwardiana, garner, Georgiana, Ghana, Gloriana, Guiana, Haryana, iguana, Lana, lantana, liana, Lipizzaner, Ljubljana, Mahayana, mana, mañana, marijuana, nirvana, Oriana, pacarana, piranha, prana, Purana, Rosh Hashana, Santayana, Setswana, sultana, Tatiana, Tijuana, Tirana, tramontana, Tswana, varna, Victoriana, zenana
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: gym|khana
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.