Definition of gynandrous in English:
1 Botany (Of a flower) having stamens and pistil united in one column, as in orchids.
- The flowers of this order are characterized inter alia by being gynandrous, i.e. having their style and stamens united into a column.
- The gynandrous flowers are hermaphroditic, sometimes polygamous.
2(Of a person or animal) hermaphrodite.
- The tale of the Sickness of the Men of Ulster features the gynandrous horse goddess Macha who is associated with shape shifting.
- The aim of this note is to illuminate certain problems generated by the appropriation of the terms ‘androgynous’ and ‘gynandrous’ in process theology.
- The products of Gender Economy are feminine, masculine, whole-gendered androgyn or undifferentiated identities of individuals, organizations and societies (and anything androgyn or gynandrous in between).
Definition of gynandrous in:
- US English dictionary