- A plant of the genus Gypsophila in the pink family, especially (in gardening) baby’s breath.More example sentences
- Some of the best and most widely adapted annual cut flowers with the longest vase life include alstroemeria, aster, celosia, cosmos, gypsophila, lavatera, rudbeckia, scabiosa, snapdragon, statice, sunflower, yarrow, and zinnia.
- Gypsy deep rose is an annual gypsophila (baby's breath) with dainty double and semi-double blooms on a nicely mounded plant that grows about 10 inches high.
- She carried a large teardrop bouquet of cream roses, lilac freesias, fern, silvered bear grass, variegated ivy, gypsophila and eucalyptus.
modern Latin, from Greek gupsos 'chalk, gypsum' + philos 'loving'.
More definitions of gypsophilaDefinition of gypsophila in:
- The US English dictionary