- A small, light single-seater autogiro.More example sentences
- A helicopter's rotor is powered but a gyrocopter's rotor is passive.
- In the air, the car would function as a gyrocopter, using a conventional propeller to provide thrust and helicopter-style rotors for lift.
- The gyrocopter is believed to have taken off from a local airfield and the identities of the deceased are due to be released today.
from gyro- 'relating to rotation', on the pattern of helicopter.
More definitions of gyrocopterDefinition of gyrocopter in:
- The US English dictionary