- A triangular ordinary formed by two lines from the edge of the shield meeting at the fess point at 45 degrees.More example sentences
- Commenters also indicate that the way they are drawn the gyrons cannot be blazoned as piles, as they are too short.
- In the gyronny of eight, the gyrons are following the main-lines, whereas in the gyronny of twelve, the gyrons do or don't follow the main-lines.
- The shield is divided into eight gyrons all meeting at the center.
late 16th century: from Old French giron 'gusset'.
More definitions of gyronDefinition of gyron in:
- The US English dictionary