- (Of a shield) divided into eight gyrons by straight lines all crossing at the fess point.More example sentences
- Moreover, the only examples we've seen of multiple gyronny divisions in one device involved marshalling.
- The design of the coat of arms as granted, is the gyronny differenced by a silver globe at centre point, to emphasize the worldwide spread of our Clan.
- Ada's family bore gyronny of ten argent and sable, and the earliest known version of the arms, were gyronny of eight argent and sable.
late Middle English: from French gironné, from giron (see gyron).
More definitions of gyronnyDefinition of gyronny in:
- The US English dictionary