Definition of gyrostabilizer in English:
A gyroscopic device for maintaining the equilibrium of something such as a ship, aircraft, or platform.
- In 1913, the first gyrostabilizer, controlling pitch and yaw as well as speed and direction, was installed on the ship.
- His armour clankered slightly as he stepped, the gyrostabilisers kicking in with each grand step.
- Results obtained by this method on identification of the drift of a three-degree gyrostabilizer are given.
- gyrostabilized adjective
- Example sentences
- The main trends in the improvement of the engineering and operating characteristics of gyroscopes and gyrostabilized platforms for use in inertial navigation systems are examined.
- I don't know if the system is gyrostabilised, or how responsive the hydraulics are, but there's no reason you couldn't go over a diagonal speed bump in the sequence you mention, but the compensations happen so quickly you don't feel any tilt at all.
Definition of gyrostabilizer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.