Definition of gyrostabilizer in English:
A gyroscopic device for maintaining the equilibrium of something such as a ship, aircraft, or platform.
- In 1913, the first gyrostabilizer, controlling pitch and yaw as well as speed and direction, was installed on the ship.
- His armour clankered slightly as he stepped, the gyrostabilisers kicking in with each grand step.
- Results obtained by this method on identification of the drift of a three-degree gyrostabilizer are given.
- Example sentences
- The main trends in the improvement of the engineering and operating characteristics of gyroscopes and gyrostabilized platforms for use in inertial navigation systems are examined.
- I don't know if the system is gyrostabilised, or how responsive the hydraulics are, but there's no reason you couldn't go over a diagonal speed bump in the sequence you mention, but the compensations happen so quickly you don't feel any tilt at all.
Definition of gyrostabilizer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan