- Congrats on all the nominations Rick, I will vote for you once you vote for me in the best blog and best photoblog categories, he he
- He he, it's amazing how nerdy projects can bring people together.
- I just wanted to let you all know because I'm certain you'd be fretting until Monday otherwise. Ha ha ha!
natural utterance: first recorded in Old English (compare with ha1).
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
- By removing the scrubby hawthorns that had grown up around the ha-ha, or sunken ditch, we have opened up the view that Jane Austen knew, in the true English landscape garden tradition.
- Three fishing ponds were joined together to create two lakes, separated by a dam-cum-bridge and a ha-ha - a sunken wall that kept grazing animals out of the park.
- Or possibly, it is just the gap where the ha-ha is broken to allow the turn-in from the road.
early 18th century: from French, said to be from the cry of surprise on suddenly encountering such an obstacle.
Words that rhyme with ha-haaargh, Accra, afar, ah, aha, aide-mémoire, ajar, Alcazar, are, Armagh, armoire, Artois, au revoir, baa, bah, bar, barre, bazaar, beaux-arts, Bekaa, bête noire, Bihar, bizarre, blah, Bogotá, Bonnard, bra, cafard, café noir, Calabar, car, Carr, Castlebar, catarrh, Changsha, char, charr, cigar, comme ci comme ça, commissar, coup d'état, de haut en bas, devoir, Dhofar, Directoire, Du Bois, Dumas, Dunbar, éclat, embarras de choix, escritoire, fah, famille noire, far, feu de joie, film noir, foie gras, Fra, galah, gar, guar, guitar, ha, hah, Halacha, hurrah, hussar, huzza, insofar, Invar, jar, je ne sais quoi, ka, kala-azar, Kandahar, khimar, Khorramshahr, knar, Krasnodar, Kwa, la-di-da, lah, Lehár, Loire, ma, mama, mamma, mar, Mardi Gras, ménage à trois, mirepoix, moire, nam pla, Navarre, noir, objet d'art, pa, pah, Panama, papa, par, Pará, Paraná, pas, pâté de foie gras, peau-de-soie, pietà, Pinot Noir, pooh-bah, poult-de-soie, pya, rah, registrar, Saar, Salazar, Sana'a, sang-froid, scar, schwa, Seychellois, shah, Shangri-La, shikar, ska, sol-fa, spa, spar, star, Starr, Stranraer, ta, tahr, tar, tartare, tata, tra-la, tsar, Twa, Villa, voilà, waratah, yah • Praha
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.