Qualify for office, especially as a teacher in a German university: Heisenberg had already habilitated at the University of Göttingen
More example sentences
- He habilitated in 1928, the year that Heidegger moved back to Freiburg to take up his former teacher's chair.
- That Hume should suffer the agony of defeat by those he did so much to habilitate would be a cruel final irony.
- Subsequently he went to Berlin as coworker of Max where he habilitated in 1929.
- Example sentences
- Of course, it did not escape him, that the number of doctorates, habilitations, and docents slowly but surely fell off, although the number of students increased considerably.
- She submitted a thesis for her habilitation to the University of Berlin but it was not immediately accepted.
- In 1847 Eisenstein received his habilitation from the University of Berlin and began to lecture.
Words that rhyme with habilitatefacilitate, militate
Definition of habilitate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.