- Side by side, the police stations have been asked to engage one constable each for every habitual offender and submit a report at the end of the month.
- The patients, all of whom were habitual heroin users, were aware of an abnormal local reaction from the time of the suspect injection.
- It is an 8-week lifestyle program designed to incrementally elicit and sustain habitual physical activity behaviors in previously sedentary people.
- He said the project was a study of habitual, repetitive action.
- It is the essential nature of work to be perpetual, repetitive, habitual.
- He learned that to change his habits he had to rely on reasoning, for the sense of feeling only enables the repetition of familiar, habitual actions.
- The regulars, sipping their habitual drinks and talking less earnestly, knew the importance of restraint.
- The every day refers what is normal, customary and habitual involved in our day-to-day existence coping.
- I said as I dressed in my habitual form-fitting black leather.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'part of one's character'): from medieval Latin habitualis, from habitus 'condition, appearance' (see habit).
Words that rhyme with habitualritual
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ha¦bit|ual
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.